Tree Giveaway at Celebrate Baltimore Birds
Celebrate Baltimore Birds Fest is an open to all ages fall festival. All activities are free so come celebrate the outdoors and the beautiful fall colors here in Leakin Park!
Speakers start at 11:00AM
Activities start at 11:30AM
- Live birds featuring a Common Raven, Red-tailed Hawk, and American Kestrel
- Rock Climbing
- Bird Walks
- Pick and Paint your own Pumpkin
- Visits from Poe (Ravens mascot) and the Oriole Bird (Orioles mascot)!
- DIY Block printing with Burdock & Bramble
- Marshmallow-tip archery
- Tree Giveaway with TreeBaltimore
- and More!
Grateful Grail will be providing coffee, cider, waffles, and other wonderful treats!
Schedule as follows:
- 11:00-11:30 Urban Bird Treaty City Designation Speakers featuring Dr. Mamie Parker, Former USFWS Northeast Regional Director; Nate Loewentheil, White House Senior Policy Advisor for Economic Development at the National Economic Council; Jerome Ford, USFWS Assistant Director for Migratory Birds; Fran Spero, Baltimore City Recreation and Parks Division Chief for Special Events and Partnerships
- 12:00-2:00 Face Painting
- 1:00 Bird Walk
- 1:00-2:00 Visit from Poe, the Raven’s Mascot
- 2:00 Bird Walk
- 2:00-3:00 Visit from Oriole Bird, the Oriole’s mascot
- 3:00 Bird Walk
Activities and crafts hosted by the National Aquarium, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Lights Out Baltimore, The Maryland Zoo, Friends of Gwynns Falls/Leakin Park, Tree Baltimore, Bee Friendly Apiary, Carrie Murray Nature Center, Chesapeake Conservancy, and Patterson Park Audubon Center.
Generously sponsored by Sagamore Development Company and National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
Say you're going to this event on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/189631808090734/